Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Flaxeed Rye Bread

 
Pin It
 
       If there was a a diet that includes bread only, I will be the happiest person:) I love bread that is spread with butter, hummus or drizzle some honey.       

       As I am getting older I wanted to stay healthy and need to create healthier bread. Flax Seed and Rye is great source of fiber. I hope you enjoy it!
 
Ingredients


2 cups bread flour
1 cup Rye flour
1 /2 cup flax seeds
1 cups warm water
1 package instant yeast
2 tablespoon honey
3 table spoon Canola oil
1 teaspoon salt(optional)
 
Instructions


Dissolve yeast in warm water. Add honey, oil and 2 cups bread flour. Stir well. Add Flax Seed and 1 cup Rye flour. Knead on lightly floured surface until smooth and elastic. Shape and put in oiled loaf pan. Let it rise until doubled in bulk.
Bake at 350 degrees for 45 to 50 minutes or until done.


2 comments:

  1. Mmmm... I love the smell of homemade bread baking and it's so good hot out of the oven with butter :) Thanks for sharing this recipe!

    Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you find a bread diet, I need to know lol! Seriously, love the carbs! This bread sounds wonderful! We can't wait to see what you share at tomorrow's All My Bloggy Friends!

    ReplyDelete