Thursday, November 29, 2012

Blue Berry Cheese Cake


                                                                                                Pin It

Originally, this recipe is Aunt Ginger's and I changed a little by baking it in water bath. I remeber when I first ate it, it was thanksgiving dinner and I was pregnant with my daughter Emily. Atleast, I ate 3 big slices and now my daughter is crazy about cheese cake.

Ingredient:

Crust:

33 graham cracker squares, crumbled

1 stick unsalted butter, melted

Filling:

20 ounces cream cheese

1 1/4 cups sour cream

1 cup sugar

1 tablespoon vanilla extract

2 eggs

3 yolks

1/3 cup heavy cream

Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. In a small bowl, combine crumbled graham crackers, and melted butter. Press 2/3 of the mixture in the pan. Place remaining crumbs on a sheet pan and bake both the crust and the remaining mixture for 10 minutes. Cool. Reserve additional crumb mixture for sides.

In a mixer , beat sour cream for about 30 seconds. Add the cream cheese and sugar and mix on low for 30 seconds and then turn up to medium. In a separate container, combine vanilla, eggs, yolks, and heavy cream. In the mixer slowly pour the liquid mixture in. Continue adding the mixture until the rest of the ingredients are incorporated. Once completely combined, pour into the cooled crust.

Lower oven temperature to 250 degrees . Place cheesecake into a preheated water bath, in the oven for 1 hour. Turn the oven off and open the door for one minute. Close the door for one more hour. Remove the cheesecake from the water bath and place in the refrigerator for 6 hours to completely cool before serving. When you ready to serve it, put the pan on hot water pan, it will be eay to slice smooth. you can top it with any fruit you enjoy.

                                                                               
                                                                                              Pin It

6 comments:

  1. This looks delicious. I have a link party called Wednesdays Adorned From Above Blog Hop and would love to have you share this with everyone. Here is the link to the party.
    http://www.adornedfromabove.com/2012/11/washi-tape-idea-book-and-wednesdays.html
    Debi @ Adorned From Above

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your sweet comment! I would love to visit you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yum!! I like making a lemon cheesecake and going to try and make a lime cheesecake soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lemon Cheese Cake? yes, I love the tangy taste. Thank you for reminding me. I might try that next time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now you have me drooling on my keyboard! Looks positively delish. I'd like a cup of tea from the teapot, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks delicious! Thanks for linking up at my Pin Me Linky Party. I hope you come visit & link again. The party starts tomorrow at 8am CST.

    Diana

    ReplyDelete